6 steps to Removing the babylon search or
Babylon Virus from new tab in firefox
6 steps to Removing the babylon search or Babylon Virus from new tab in firefox is pretty annoying and at time a bit techie. Follow these steps below and you problem should be solved.
Removing the babylon search or Babylon Virus from new tab in firefox 6 steps
- type about:config in the url address bar of your browser
- accept the warning
- instead of searching for browser.newtab.url search for “babylon” (without the ” ” quotation marks)
- right click each line and reset every single one that is returned in your babylon search
- set a default search engine (mine is google) on the line that says browser.newtab.url – do this by right clicking and choosing MODIFY to change to your desired search engine. Example replace the pre filled box that reads browser.newtab.url change that to google.com, yahoo.com or msn.com or personal preference of search engine desired.
- type about:config and search babylon is all gone.
Finally no more freaking babylon search on my new tabs.